Sunday, October 5, 2014

Rebels, Rebels, Everywhere

This week, the Rebels extravaganza began, with the show premiering on Friday and getting generally positive reviews as well as renewed for a second season. Cable subscribers can watch both the pilot and the first episode, "Droids in Distress," on the Watch Disney XD app. While the show hasn't grabbed me by the heartstrings yet, I enjoyed it.

 My New Jedi Order retrospective started a year ago today. I'm a bit behind on the planned time frame for this, and my new goal is to finish the series by Episode VII. I'm currently working on Star by Star, and just finished the very long prologue.

On the Echo Base podcast this week, Eric Geller, Justin Bolger, Lou Secki, and I discussed how the Jedi went from a public institution to legends and rumor in 19 years. This podcast also features Imperial propaganda, the lies of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and brute force friendship.

New York Comic Con is coming up in under a week, and I'll have plenty to report from the Del Rey and Rebels panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment