Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mass Effect Movie May Actually Exist

 
G4 has the scoop on the Mass Effect movie: it exists, it's written by the man behind Thor and I Am Legend, and it will feature a male Shepard. All other casting decisions are unknown as yet. I'm firmly of the belief that creating a definitive story destroys part of the appeal of a game as full of choice as Mass Effect, and Thor was a good movie while I Am Legend was not. I'm curious about whether this movie will be the next The Last Airbender, and when somebody will start a petition to make it star a female Shepard. 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, making it a movie would completely negate why the story can only work as a game. However, seeing Mass Effect on the big screen would be cool.
    On a side note, I was joking with my friend the other day that there should be two versions of a Mass Effect movie: One with Male Shepard and another with FemShep. It is entirely unrealistic, but a fun thought.

    -James

    ReplyDelete