Thursday, July 26, 2012

Encouraging Optimism in the EU

Here's a secret: I haven't written about the newest EU books revealed at SDCC because I'm not particularly interested in reading them. I will, because I have been given the opportunity to, but they don't fall within the particular parameters that make EU books light up my brain with the sense that this will explore an aspect of the Star Wars universe that has not yet been explored.

However, this article over at Popcultureshock encourages fans to try out either Mercy Kill or Scoundrels because they are stand-along novels. They're good for beginning fans. Mercy Kill is ostensibly part of a series, but you don't need to know the other books in order to enjoy it.

I like this sense of optimism, even if I get the sense that the EU is still flinching from the main three constantly being running through the grinder in series like Fate of the Jedi and the upcoming Crucible.

No comments:

Post a Comment